Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One long day

Hello friends,
I am here safe in Auckland. My plain got in at about 6am and i made my way to my hostel. I met a nice girl and the hostel from the States and she gave me some pointers but other than that and the fact that I am now on the other side of the world, nothing too exciting.
I left from Phil at 9:30 am on the 31st and got in to LA at 12:30. That flight was long and no fun. My lay over was 10 hours long so my friend Jamie picked me up. We walked around and got some lunch. It was so great to get out of the Airport for awhile.
Getting back to the Airport and checking in was strange. I talked to a few Kiwi's and it started to sink in. The past few days were really emotional with goodbyes and such so I was a bit numb, but still excited. The plane was of course huge and my seat was the Very last row there were only 2 seat and the toilet right behind me. I wasn't very excited at first but then i realized that no one was sitting next to me! So I got to lay down and i was able to sleep for over 5 hours straight. The food was incredible and the service was beyond excellent. The only bad part about the flight was that it was too hard to pick what movie I wanted to watch. We got in a little after 6am on the 2nd and I got through customs pretty easy.
I will have my orientation at 10am tomorrow, then figure out what I will do with my time here. The girl i talked to recommended I make a day trip to a local beach. Its a bit expensive but she said it was completely worth it.
Since I am not using my computer I cant put up any pictures for a while. But know that I will as soon as I can.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caleb said...

Glad to hear you made it there safe. I hope you get off to a great start. I will be praying you find a good job.

August 1, 2007 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger shandalee said...

Hey friend!! Sally and I just prayed for you. Please know you are missed, loved, remembered, and prayed for. Hug you for me!!

August 1, 2007 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Berry Leachman said...

Maggie Moo... I am so glad you made it safe!! I am praying for you, not giong to lie, I got a little teary eyed just hearing from you, because I love you! Have a great time, I know you're going to love it!

August 2, 2007 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have so much fun! My friend in Taz said that if you want to contact him for anything to feel free. Just let me know and I will send you his info! Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

August 2, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you made it in ok! And I'm even more glad that you started this blog!! I know it's scary and new, but this whole trip is going to be fantastic. You're super brave and I'm so proud of you. Write when you can, because the LC misses you. Love you a ton.

August 3, 2007 at 6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know right picking a movie can be so hard!! I had that problem when I flew to England. Maggie I just want you to know that I miss you very much!! And I am so proud of you!!

August 9, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home