Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Auckland and ready to leave

I have been here in Auckland for about 3 days now. Things are going well but I am Very ready to leave. I feel as though I am in any US city and a bit stuck. I have meet a few nice girls and we were able to go out tonight. Most my time has been spent wondering around the city.
Tomorrow night I will meet up with a random contact and go to church then dinner with a few people. I am really looking forward to meeting locals and spending some time with them. Maybe I will get a few insider tips on the city and have something exciting to do on Monday afternoon!The church that I will be going to is one that I looked up while in the U.S. There is a branch in Christchurch so it will be wonderful to get a sneak peek!
My plans for here on out are pretty exciting. I get on a plane to Melbourne, Aus. to visit one of my closest friends on Monday!! Nattie is doing YWAM (youth with a mission) and I will have a chance to meet the people that she has spent the last 6 months with. Then we will rent a car and drive up the east coast and stay with a friend of hers there. I am SO looking forward to this time.
We will get back to Christchurch on the 19th (a day before my birthday!) and Nattie will stay with me a few days there. Please be in prayer for a job at the Roxx rock climbing gym there. I have a huge desire to work there and meet other people that share my passion for climbing. I will also probably look for another part time job at a hotel to make ends meet.
I miss all of you and hope all is well. Please keep in touch. I am checking my e-mail and facebook often so you can shoot me a message if you would like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gloria Furman said...

Will you please please say hi to Frodo for me? Maggie, we are so excited for your adventures! Seriously, go visit the Shire. You won't regret it and you just might get ring of power out of the deal.

August 4, 2007 at 2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I would have know that you needed a rental car I could have hooked you up!! Rememmber that in the future!!

August 9, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home