Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

In the land of Oz


After being in NZ for 4 days I have made it to Melbourne. I am here with Natalie, one of my very closest friends from Denton. My flight was the most incredible flights of my life! It was an Emirates flight, which I had never heard of; I just picked it because it was the least expensive! I assumed that it wouldn’t be that great of a flight because it was a short one (about 4 hours) but I was wrong. I started to figure this out when the flight attendants handed out hot towels and gave all the children stuffed animals before we took off. They also had an absolutely amazing 4 course meal and free wine and spirits. The Plane was amazing, each seat had a foot rest and the ceiling had light up stars on it when the cabin lights went down. They also had over 500 movie and TV channels AND if you wanted to pay just a little bit you could have wireless internet. I voted on watching Becoming Jane (great movie) and an episode of Arrested Development! Maybe I am just a little over excited about this plane ride but I Totally wasn’t expecting such a great flight. I Absolutely 100% recommend flying Emirates if you Ever get a chance!

Right now I am at the YWAM (youth with a mission) base in Melbourne. It’s in an old orphanage and is so beautiful! Will stay here for Natalie’s graduation then we will start our Great Adventure on Sunday. We are getting a rental car and driving on the other side of the road all the way up to Brisbane! We are both extremely excited to see how God will bless us through this time. I am sure that this will be a trip I will Always remember. Once there, we will stay with a friend of Natalie’s at the YWAM base up there and explore the land for a few days. Then on the 19th Nattie will come back to Christchurch with me for about 5 days and help me get all settled in. Please be in prayer for a place to live and a job at a rock climbing gym there. I will be sure to keep you all updated on my adventures in Oz!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh yeah, girl... emirates is the best! We haven't flown it yet ourselves, but we've read a lot about it and looked into it a bit because dubai plays a MAJOR role with emirates airlines. The CEO is in the Sheik's family and Dubai internation airport is their hub.

Anyway, now I'm more excited than ever to fly them!!!

August 7, 2007 at 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a four course meal!!!

August 9, 2007 at 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been on flights just like that! On my last one, I was watching lame movies like "Wild Hogs," while wrestling the armrest away from the large, loud-breathing man next to me while eating a cold turkey sandwich with one piece of lettuce. And I ended up in Pittsburgh, not Australia.

Now that I think about it, I guess they're not all that similar.

Man, I'm jealous.

August 10, 2007 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home