Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Sunday, March 2, 2008

February : Month of Fun!

Wow I cant believe that this month has gone by so fast. There has been so much excitement and change in one short month that I don’t know where to begin.
There have been a few festivals that I have been blessed to be able to go to in the past month. The first of which was Jose Gonzales in Queenstown! For those of you who don’t know who he is, get to know him! His music is Amazing and the concert was great. It was a day festival with about 4 other acts that played before him. Such a fun and relaxing day to spend with friends. The second was an all day event in Wanaka at the local vineyard. They have the Rippon Festival every other year and it is huge (by Wanaka standards) this was a bit more of a full on day. The first band went on at 11am and the last band hit the stage at 11:30pm. This again was an amazing day with friends and great music; something I will never forget. I feel so blessed to have been able to expierance things like this in my time here.
On top of the amazing concerts there have been a few other Wonderful things I have been able to do lately. I was recently SO blessed by my parents being able to come over for a visit. We had such an amazing time together and created some incredible memories that I will hold with me forever. After taking a road trip and having a wonderful nights sleep on a beautiful sail boat in Nelson (complements of my boss) I meet up with my parents. We were able to take a kayak tour through the Able Tasman National Park one day! It was one of the most amazing trips ever. Then we took a road trip down the west coast together. I think the most exciting part for me was having them come back to Wanaka and showing them this Amazing place I have been blessed to call home for a while. It was so great to have them meet my friends here and have them see first hand all that I have been talking about.
Another Huge blessing was a day trip my friend Tara and I got to take. Tara set us up on a Siberia Expierance trip, which is close to $300 and somehow she managed to get it for free through work. This trip was absolutely the most incredible day! The trip starts with a helicopter ride through the mountains and lasts about 15 min. After that they land in the midst of mind-blowing beauty and drop you off with a walky-talky and tell you to follow the markers. So you’re out on your own, in the middle of God’s greatest piece of art. They give you about 4 or 5 hours to soak it up and do the trek back to a hut. Once you reach the hut they come out by jet boat and pick you up!!! The jet boat was so freaking fun. The scenery is once again out of this world and your taking it all in while, doing 360s and practically flying over only 4 inches of water in a boat! Its hard to believe all that God has blessed me with in my time here.
As for the changes that have happened. The first big change was getting my hair dreaded. I had been thinking of getting it done for quite a while and I finally committed. I decided that if I were ever to do it, now would be the time. I have had them in for over a month now and am still very happy. Just to ease some of your worry let me dispel some common rumors that you may have heard:
-I do NOT have to shave my head to get them out. Since I have pretty fine hair I will be able to let it grow out for a bit then cut it a little above my shoulders and comb out the rest.
-I can also regularly wash my hair, so you don’t need to worry about it smelling horrible or me getting bugs.
-And finally I do not have Any intention to start selling weed.
The other big change that has happened recently, as you know from my last post, is that I have decided to move home. With all of these great things happening it does make it hard to remember why exactly I am coming back. But I do know that it is the right timing, and I just have to be thankful that I got this time. The upside of leaving now is that I am leaving on a high. I will Always remember these sweet incredible times, and Constantly be reminded of God’s provision for me. After this trip I can so clearly see that He doesn’t merely want me to get by but He wants to over flow my cup with His provision.
Since I made the decision I have gotten such peace but at the same time I have been So torn. God has really been increasing my relationships with both my friends here and my personal relationship with Him. I have seen prayers answered in Huge ways recently. Its as if God is saying ok this is what happens when you open your ears and listen to Me instead of telling me what you want to hear. I have grown to love the church here so much. God has taught me some amazing lessons through my time there. And he showed me things in such a neat way, I would have never guessed that He would use the Church in the way He did, but I am thankful for it. Recently I have been a bit stressed because I have been getting hardly any hours at work and I still have rent to pay and all sorts of flights and such to pay for. My friend at church have been so encouraging though this transition with incredible prayer and words of encouragement. This morning I woke up to find a letter on my coffee table with my name on it. I open it up and all it said was “Maggie we love you.” And enclosed was $85. Since it wasn’t signed I cant say for sure who did it, but I don’t know who other that them would have done it. It has been amazing how they have loved me; I have grown closer to my friends here than I ever imagined I could have. It makes me really sad to think I wont be near them much longer. BUT I am still terribly excited to be back home and to be near all of you back there. I also cant wait to figure out how and where God will direct me.
See you soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

imissyou

April 14, 2008 at 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

April 19, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home