Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Thursday, October 25, 2007

This past week has been terrific, so much fun stuff has happened. Its been really fun meeting people and starting to feel at home. Little things like going to the grocery store and seeing people I know is wonderful.

Last Friday was when things really started getting fun. I went over to a friends place and we met up with a few of her friends that were having a dinner picnic. Their “picnic” was actually a few people making sushi, in their hippy van down by the river. Haha It was Fantastic! I made my first sushi roll and it was given a 9 1/2 out of 10 stars by the expert judge named Si. The next day I worked (which is still loving so much) but after work I me up with all the hippies again. They were camping out at the most beautiful place. It was complete with wonderful wine and cheese, an amazing soup (made in the back of a hippy van) and Fire dancing haha. (I took pictures: http://unt.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2150715&l=524d9&id=23902206) It was such a great night and we actually had some really great conversation. Si saw my cross ring and asked me if I was a Christian, and that lead into a wonderful long conversation. He is an atheist but was really interested to know what I thought and really open to my point of view.

I was able to test out another church this past Sunday. Unfortunately I didn’t feel that comfortable there. I was pretty discouraged by it to be honest. But there is one more church in the area that I am going to test out on Sunday. Prayer for that would be really appreciated.

Work has been going really well still. I finished my 3rd week (time has flown by) so its not as new and exciting as it was, but I still love it so much. I have been able to hang out with a few people that have come into the wall, so that has been fun. I am really trying to be intentional in putting myself out there. I know that if I don’t make the effort in building friendships then they wont happen. It has been really nice in my house too. My flatmates ad I started cooking dinner for each other once a week, so its been fun getting to eat with them and getting to know them better.

But the most exciting thing about my week was yesterday. I was able to go white water sledging yesterday for free! (Benefits of the job… it’s such a ruff life.) Sledging is basically going down rapids in your own personal flotation device. We went down twice the first time in the sledge and the second time I went down on a boogie board! And I got to cliff jump! It was SO incredible. This is the website of the company I went with if you want to see what it’s like: http://www.frogz.co.nz/

I am, as you can tell, still loving it here. I do wish that I was closer to you all and was able to expierance this with you. But I can let those thoughts get me down to much. As far as prayers go, please pray for a church here, I am really in need of fellowship. Also please pray that I would love the people I am surrounded by now well. Lastly, that I would really put myself out there even when it is uncomfortable.

I love you guys!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caleb said...

Wow, this post made me wish I was there. Sounds like you are having quite an exciting time. I will continue to pray for you to find a good church.

October 25, 2007 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home