Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Friday, December 14, 2007

Since the last time I wrote not too much has change but little things have happen here and there.

I told you last time that basecamp was having a speed dating night and my co-workers signed me up for it. Well it went on last Friday and it ended up being a great time. I definitely was not looking to really date some random person, but it was nice to meet 15 new people in Wanaka.

Work is still going good. It’s really nice there because all the staff are friends and hang out all the time. The only bad thing it that we never have days off together but we do manage to do things after work together. This Monday a few of the girls went horseback riding and it was so lovely. And last night there was a “famous dress” going away party/ I went as India Arie. This should be interesting because I am not skinny, tall, or black BUT… I do have soul and boogie in my bones!

This weekend my best friend here is going home for 5 weeks, so that stinks. But I have been getting to be good friends with one of the new girls at basecamp and the girls from my church. I also have got some plans for Christmas now, which is nice. I will go over to one of my friends place and do a small bar-b-que with them then have a skype Christmas with my family.

Church is still going really well. It’s been so nice once I committed and started going regularly. Like I said before, I am beginning to get closer with the girls. I am starting to feel more like myself around them. I walk with a few of them at least once a week and God has really blessed that time in just developing relationships. I was also able to spend some time with them this weekend. There are a few that are in a band and they were playing a gig at the most AMAZING spot I have seen. It was on someone’s property and they had a stage set up in the HUGE back yard; it was on a river that had a canopy of trees and all of it was breathtaking. There are little places like that everywhere here and I know that if I leave here that is what I will miss the most.

Time continues to fly by here and I am Amazed that Christmas is only 2 weeks away. I am looking forward to things a lot more now with the Holidays. I do have some fun things lined up after the holidays as well, since it is summertime there are heaps of festivals and concerts. Hopefully time will fly by right up to when my parents get here in Feb! I cant wait to show them around this Incredible place I call home. I wish that each of you could come out here and see it.

I think that’s about it. Please please please let me know how life is going for you. I miss you all dearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home