Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Workin for a livin

Hey Y'all! I wanted to let everyone know that things are ideal right now. This job has been more of a blessing than I could have ever imagined. The town is a beautiful Extremely small town (a little over 1/2 mile from one end to another) right near Mt. Hutt. I have been able to go running each morning and see God's glorious creation each day.
The hotel is going through management changes right now so its a little bit all over the place. It is a strange transition working here; everyone is soooo layed back that the slightest effort impresses them. They have really been treating me So well. Not only are they providing a room for me but they are having their chef cook my meals as well. The property is so nice and has a beautiful lay out. So needless to say that between the room, the meals, the hot tub and sauna, I feel like royalty. I know that this job is because of all your prayers, so thank you!
I was able to go to church this morning (they are going to give me off each Sunday morning for church as well!) and the people were so nice. Its fathers day here today and the service was run by the children, so I dont really know what it will be like yet. But it was nice to be around Christians even if it wasn't great teaching. Also this church works with the Oxford YWAM each Saturday night in providing a free dinner to the ski bums in the area. I will be able to get off work a little early for this, so I am looking forward to being around YWAMers again.
Since I wont be here for long, if you want to write me something you can send it to the work exchange program I am with and they will either have it forwarded (if there is enough time) or hold on to it till I get to the next place. So this will be an address that you can always send stuff too.

Maggie Fitzgerald
C/O IEP- Work NZ, PO Box 1786
Shortland Street, Auckland
New Zealand

Also I have a cell phone here so if you want to get an international phone card and call me you can reach me at any time on it!

+64 021 889 003

I would Really love to hear from you all. Please keep me updated on your lives. I love you all very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caleb said...

That is good to hear things are working out well. I just got back from Arkansas today (climbing over Labor day weekend). I will write you soon though. I hope your week goes splendid.

September 3, 2007 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home