Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ive been here in Methven for 3 weeks now, and things have really gotten comfortable. But at the same time I have started feeling a bit restless. The only explanation I have is that this is the longest I have been in one place since Mid July. Up till now I have been so all over the place and "unsettled" that I haven't really had time to think about home that much. Now that I have time I think about it quite often and miss so much.


Its strange to think that this is what life is for me now, its not just a long vacation. There have been little glimpses of "normalcy" that have made this more and more evident. Most recently, I got a car. This really set in the fact that I am here for a while and no longer just a tourist. It has been a huge blessing to have already. I have also been able to get more involved with the church I have been going to. Next week I will be helping out with their holiday program (the equivalent to vacation bible school.) This will go on all next week and I will be doing the drama and leading a small group. It all works out perfectly with my work schedule which is wonderful.


Speaking of work it is still going really well. They have just hired on another receptionist, so now I get 3 days off a week. I actually would per fer less time off but I definitely wont complain. This week, since I got a car, I was able to take a day trip up to Mt Hutt and try snow boarding. I signed up for a group lesson, but no one else was there, so I ended up getting a 2 hour private lesson! I'm not so sure how much good it did, I was still on my butt about the entire time and am still sore 3 days later (I think I will stick to climbing.) I was also able to take a trip to the Rakaia Gorge. It was so incredibly beautiful, I was blown away. Its only about 20 min away so I hope to go back a few more times before I leave Methven. I was able to post some pictures. Here is the link:

More Pictures!
http://unt.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1246539&l=73c93&id=23902206

I love you all and miss you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi maggie! Don't get too homesick! As things start to settle down, you'll see the people that you can start building deep relationships with and that will make it all the better. Its weird, being away from home, but totally doable! Love reading your blog, take care!

- Gwen
p.s. are you anywhere near canterbury? One of my close friends is there studying.

September 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home