Travelling Maggie

My mom says I'm like a hobo.....shes kinda right. These are my adventures as a hobo in NZ!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here I Go Again on My Own

This past week in Methven was great. It was the start of school holiday and the church I go to does a program for the kids, (just like our Vacation Bible School.) I have been able to help out with that by leading a group of 7year old girls and doing the drama each day. It was great to feel connected and get involved. By the end of it all I was pretty wiped out, but was so glad I got to be a part of it.

I have gotten pretty close to one family here. Debbie is one of the women that is a part of the women’s lunch group. She is married and has to young girls. They have been such a blessing to me. I had a chance to go have “tea” (dinner) one night with all of them and it was just the comfort I needed. I have been blown away by the way people have loved me in such a short amount of time. I am going to have tea with another family on Monday and one of my co-workers is having a going away party for me as well! It will be strange saying goodbye, but exciting to see what God does.

Now the plan is to leave Methven on Tuesday. I will get on the road and take a bit of time to see what I can. I am planning on visiting Oamaru and see the Moeraki boulders and the other things in that area. Then I will head down to Wanaka. This is where I hope to settle down for the next few months. This is really close to Queenstown (adventure capital of the world. Bungee Jumping was invented there!!!) and it is close to Milford Sounds. So I will be right in the center of what is arguably the most beautiful part on NZ and there is some of the best climbing in all of NZ here!!!

I am really looking forward to finding out what God will do with me here. I have applied for a job as a barista at a café that is in a rock climbing gym, and am praying very hard that this works out. It would use my passion perfectly and I would have the chance to meet people within the climbing community.

I have also found a church that I plan on going to. Some YWAMers started it a few years ago after an outreach trip there. It is still quite small and is made up largely of 20 something’s. So I am really looking forward to being a part of a young congregation. I think this move will be great but I am of course a bit nervous (as anyone moving somewhere with no job or place to live would be!) But I know God will provide!

PRAYERS:
Please pray for God’s provision in Wanaka, job, church, relationships, a flat and so on. Also for my drive and travel there, as well as my preparation in leaving here.

Also please pray for my parents friend Steve. He is going through an intense battle with cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home